Thursday, March 2, 2017

Why Is Blogging Hard All Of A Sudden?


Hello there. Long time no see.

Going to be honest with you guys, life has become really rough. It's getting harder and harder to juggle blogging, reading, video games, my social life, and oh right, graduate school. It's a big part of why I haven't been great at scheduling posts or reviews. Which is fine, because education comes first! Though with that being said, I do miss blogging. I just am not great at taking the time to start a post.

But moving along, I've decided to list a bunch of reasons why I am just not as motivated as I've been in the past. So here we go.

1. I have nothing to say about certain books. This has also been an issue in the past, but I managed to overcome it somehow. Now that I am even less motivated than before, it's been harder to word my thoughts into full, coherent reviews. Especially when I have NOTHING to say. Sadness.

2. 50% of the time, there's a cat sitting on my keyboard. I throw her off sometimes. But other times she's just too darn cute and cuddly. Case in point BELOW

A post shared by Valerie (@vlangloisx3) on

3. Current Events. I hate all the bad things happening in our country. HATE THEM. Because personally, I'm doing great. My life is great. But the rest of the world? Not so much. How am I supposed to blog, flail, TALK about books on Twitter, when the WORLD IS BURNING. Sorry, exaggeration.

4. Speaking of the above, I am constantly distracted by Twitter and Instagram. Especially instagram, as it's very easy to post photos everyday. At least for me, I end up taking photos all on the weekend. Though that may change depending on how much time I have. Who knows.

5. I can't write up posts because I have stats homework. Or other types of work. Or research. Or I have to prep a lecture that I'm giving, to a class, to about 100 students. Fun fun.

6. No motivation to discuss ANYTHING. What is there to discuss nowadays? I'm really not passionate about many things when it comes to discussion topics (and I'm not talking about discussions from Book Twitter, but more innocuous things, like Do You DNF, or Do You Watch Book to Movie Adaptions). I just don't really have full fledged thoughts on any of those topics. Which to be honest, is not a change from past Val. Past Val didn't care about ANY of those things! (and still doesn't)

7. EVERYONE IS LEAVING ME. There are fewer and fewer blog posts on my feed. WHY. WHERE ARE YOU ALL GOING. I rarely see you on Twitter anymore!

8. Speaking of, I have no time to comment as much as I used to. I used to comment A LOT. Like at least 20 to 30 posts a week. Now? If I make it to 5 I'm happy. But yeah, that definitely leads to less interactions, and that makes me sad.

9. I want to make all the graphics. Thanks to my school, I get all Adobe products for free. But thanks to my school, I want to make all the graphics, and I can't. I even opened up a Society6 store solely so I could buy my own things (and let others buy them too I guess). Like I made this "I'm A Plant Killer" mug, because I kill every single plant I touch.


Unfortunately the problem is, this takes hours. And often times, I am not pleased with the results.

10. Apparently I have friends. I'm busy every weekend, whether I'm going hiking, sleeping over my friend's house, going on trips, eating out, there's barely any time left for anything. I don't regret it, but I do wish there was just more time in the day. That would be nice.


So I think that is that. Obviously I am going to try to blog at least once in a while, but I think I'm done with blog schedules. Reviews will happen when they happen, I suppose.

Until then, you are stuck with me and my blog :P
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.