Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Top Ten Tuesday #100 (Yay!)

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Ten Underrated/Hidden Gem Books I've Read In The Past Year Or So

This is just going to be underrated books I read during the year of the garbage fire, and not ones released during 2016. Sadly I didn't have such a great time with the new releases. Hopefully 2017 will be better in that regard!

Also I think I'm going to define underrated as under 1000 ratings. Plus I did already do this post a couple of months ago, so I am only limiting this to 5 books! Because then it would be too repetitive.




I really liked Iron Cast, especially the cover. I did see a little bit of hype on my Twitter feed, but it definitely wasn't as much as some other books coming out at the time!

The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl was first published in Australia, but then finally made its debut in the US, for which I am pretty thankful for. Looking back, I think I expected more from it, but in the end I really enjoyed it.

I can't believe Return Once More is not more popular. I don't think it helps that the pub did little to no publicity, PLUS they dropped the sequel. Luckily the sequel is self-pubbed and is on Amazon. 

This next one is interesting. Everything Is Teeth is a graphic novel about a little girl obsessed with sharks and shark attacks. It was interesting. I may not have understood the message, but it was UNIQUE.

Lastly, and this one is decently popular on Twitter, there's Timekeeper! I actually really liked this one, and I have been having really good luck with Sky Pony Press. I hope this streak keeps up!


Have you read any good underrated books? I hope to read more this year!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.