Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Top Ten Tuesday #98

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Books I Have Added To My TBR Recently

I think the title is self-explanatory. As of this year, I have been reading a lot of Young Adult. And although that will still be my focus, I'm slowly shifting away from the genre. There was a time in my life where I wasn't ready for adult fiction. And although I have read a couple of books in that genre, I didn't really go out of my way to look for new titles. I still don't think I will, but rather focus on the ones that are already out.

Hence why I have added a bunch of adult titles to my TBR. Though I do have YA here to balance it out, haha.


It's Not Like It's A Secret doesn't come out until May 17th, which I'm sad about because it's the first Asian, f/f romance I've personally seen. In other words, I need it.

I am really excited about Girl Code coming out, even though it is teen non-fiction. Yes it's about programming, more specifically programming a video game. And sure, that is not even my field, BUT STILL. I think this will be a great read, especially to teens who are thinking of majoring/working in STEM.

I'm not sure WHY I have just heard of The Princess Saves Herself In This One, but I need this one in my life. I've been looking for more poetry, but rather anthologies of them, and not all classics. This seems like a very good place to start.

I had All The Birds In The Sky on my radar before, but again, because it was adult, I didn't really think to pick it up. But a world with both science and magic? Together? That sounds amazing.

Another title with "Bird" in it! I don't exactly know what The Bird And The Sword is about, but it's adult fantasy, and I have seen multiple reviews praising it. I'm hoping that it's something different than what I'm used to reading!

Just the title of Quarter Life Poetry: Poems for the Young, Broke, and Hangry interests me. Also, poems, about millenials. You know, the generation everyone hates? Don't worry people will soon pick on the next generation. I don't know what they're called though. But anyways, this features poems about post-college life, which is where I am now.
And what would this list be without a WWII book? Yep, so of course That Burning Summer is on the list.

Freedom Swimmer is about my mom's past pretty much. The cultural revolution in China, and all that jazz.

Not sure why I didn't have The Fallen Kingdom on my list earlier, because this is the last book in The Falconer series, and I'm both scared and excited to see how it ends.

Remember when I mentioned poetry? It's the reason I added milk and honey to the list, also I've been seeing it around as well, and I am interested.


Any poetry recommendations? What are some books you added to your TBR recently?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.