Saturday, July 23, 2016

An Innocent Life #14: More Pokemon & Readathon Books


Hello there!

Having experienced now 2 weeks of Pokemon Go, the Make Me Read It Readathon, and my vacation from vacation, you could say I have a lot of to talk about. Too bad! I have nothing for you.

A photo posted by Valerie (@innocent.smiley) on

This year, I read three of my Make Me Read It Books! That ended up being The Winner's Crime, Carry On, and The Knife Of Never Letting Go.

Although I didn't mind reading The Winner's Crime, I felt that it was a little boring, setting up stuff for the finale. Though from the ending, I can sure tell that The Winner's Kiss will be epic. On the other hand, I ended up having so many problems with Carry On. I ended up getting an eARC of it from Netgalley (it was Read Now), and the formatting just wasn't that great. But you'll hear more about that in my review.

But oh man, The Knife Of Never Letting Go was freaking fantastic. Sure, I felt dead by the end, but it was totally worth it. Like wow I was just not expecting how amazing it was (ok that's a lie, I definitely expected it, but this just exceeded those expectations).

Again, thank you to everyone that participated!! I hope you all had fun (even with the release of Pokemon Go HAHA)

After chilling in Boston for two weeks, I'm back in Florida again. Mainly getting ready for the big move that will happen in August. I'll have to decide exactly what books to bring with me, and what to leave at my parents. It's going to be hard.

So it's been about 2 weeks since Pokemon Go came out. I'm currently level 17, Team Mystic, and have caught 411 Pokemon. And of course, still nowhere near catching them all because all I see are Pidgeys and Rattatas. Gah.

Hope everyone's July is going well!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.