Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #55

Hosted by the Broke and the Bookish!

Top Ten Books Completely Exceeded My Expectations

I've noticed that with the tons of books I read, I've been slowly branching out into new genres. Like YA contemporary, sci-fi, and even romance, which I thought would never happen. And there have been books I thought I wouldn't like, but then I DID. And some that were just MORE than I expected, which just blew me away.


The Book Thief by Markus Zusak - Honestly, I think I put off reading this just because I didn't really know what the subject was about, and I thought it would be boring. Instead, it only turned out to be one of my favorite novels of all time. AND TEARS.

Hate List by Jennifer Brown - First off I only read this because the main character shared the same first name as me, and I was just reading it for some challenge, BUT IT ENDED UP BEING AMAZING. And I just had so many feelings for the MC, that I had to take breaks in between meetings.

Red Rising by Pierce Brown -  I read a good amount of mixed reviews, so when I got a copy of it through NetGalley, I wasn't THAT excited. But man was I in for it. Red Rising was just pure awesome with tons of action that I could not put it down. It was a good start for 2015.

The Last Good Day of the Year by Jessica Warman - This is actually my most recent read, and although it's not one of my favorites, I'm surprised that I even liked it at all. Despite all the creepiness and the stalking.

I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios - SURPRISE I actually wasn't expecting to like this, or at least I was going to lump it in with all the other generic YA contemporaries (which to be honest, I have nothing to lump it in with, so I don't know why I thought that). But IMYT ended up being just as good as all my friends said it was.

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater - Her Shiver series didn't appeal to me, so I wasn't really excited for this novel, even though I heard so many good things about it. BUT WHERE WOULD I BE WITHOUT BLUE AND HER BOYS NOW? HUH?

All The Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - I knew I was going to love this one, but I wasn't expecting ALL THE THINGS that came with it. Like I got more than what I asked for, and I was already asking for a lot to begin with. And also Jennifer Niven is the sweetest person EVER.

The Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson - I didn't know what to think of an epic fantasy, but I am so glad that I read this one before any other, because Sanderson's writing is gold, and I didn't even know it!

Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Loved loved loved LOVED THIS BOOK, and again, like the Raven Boys, I read good reviews on it but just never really was excited about it until AFTER I finished the book.

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell - I remember when this first came out and Rowell was just becoming known, I thought it was a cool synopsis and nothing more, but then I just related to ALL the characters, and now it's one of my favorites.


Yay for TTT freebie! Were there any books that you weren't expecting to be beyond awesome?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.