Wednesday, December 13, 2017

No Review Required (Fantasy Reads!)


I’ve been in a bit of a reading slump these past few weeks due to the stress of the end of the semester. And even though that’s ALL over, I still haven’t recovered. But nevertheless, I’m going to aim to post the same amount as I did in November.

Here are two reads that I have been highly anticipating since they both came out!


I didn’t get to Wintersong until now because I simply just did not have the book. But then I traded for it, and I finally got to read it over Thanksgiving break! And safe to say, I was pretty impressed!

“There is music in your soul. A wild and untamed sort of music that speaks to me. It defies all the rules and laws you humans set upon it. It grows from inside you, and I have a wish to set that music free.”

The plot itself revolves around music, and I was amazed and surprised of the depth in which classical music is explored. But really, I think anything less would have felt superficial. Plus it definitely helped with both the world-building AND the character development. I cannot even imagine Liesl without her love of composing music.

Yet, this didn’t end up being a full 5 stars from me because 1) I wasn’t fully invested in the relationship between Liesl and the Goblin King. Like it was developed, but I guess I just didn’t ship them as much as I thought I would? And 2) it kind of dragged on for a bit. I grew a bit bored of how slow the plot became. But overall, really solid read!


HELLO THERE NEW FAVORITE BOOK. I don’t think there was ONE THING I disliked about Uprooted. IT WAS EVERYTHING I WANTED AND MORE! I honestly don’t even know where to start! (why oh why did I wait so long to read this)

“You intolerable lunatic," he snarled at me, and then he caught my face between his hands and kissed me.”

I SHIPPED THE DRAGON AND AGNIESZKA LIKE CRAZY. And just like, from start to finish, I could NOT put this book down. It’s filled with such magic, action, hate to love, witty banter, and just everything. Basically I expected nothing and this book gave me everything.

This is 100% a 2017 favorite (one I read this year at least haha). And also an all-time favorite.


Have you read either of these? Did you love Uprooted as much as I did?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.