Thursday, May 31, 2018

An Innocent Life #24: The Start of Summer


I seem to somehow skip all the months, and now we are in May. Well, technically tomorrow will be June, AND IT WILL REALLY BE SUMMER. I am not ready. At all.

Recap? Well I am currently dying inside.


Monthly Prim Pic

A post shared by Val (@innocentreads) on


What a little lion.



Books Read This Month

Best Book: Uprooted by Naomi Novik (reread)
Worst Book: From Twinkle, With Love by Sandhya Menon (sorry)

I finally read 1984, though Rashika thinks it's not a book to read for fun. WELL NO ONE AGREES WITH YOU. Also I think I hyped Dark Matter in my head, because though it was good, it wasn't amazing? It was some weird shit.

Nice Try, Jane Sinner was an amazing read, and if I didn't love Uprooted so much, it would have been the best book of the month!

Also, how many books did I read this month? *whips out handy dandy spreadsheet* 11 books! (12 if we include that textbook I had to review...FOR MONEY THOUGH)



SPRING SEMESTER IS OVER. Of course that doesn't mean anything except no classes and no student fees, I suppose. I'm going to be working over the summer, so therefore nothing will change. Excited to be sleeping in though.

Other changes. Well I got a fancy, new phone, so that is pretty exciting. And I'm at least trying to blog at least somewhat consistently? Maybe?

I'm hoping that this will be the summer that I do all the things I want to do, and read all the things I want to read. I'm actually gonna be at ALA Annual with my friends, Holly, Shannon, and CJ at the end of June, so that is definitely something to look forward to (also yes father, you are just now hearing about this. I'm an adult now).

HERE'S TO A NEW MONTH!


How was your May? Looking forward to any cool summer releases?
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.