Saturday, April 2, 2016

An Innocent Life #7: Surgery & April Fool's (No, Those Do Not Go Together)


Hi! I have been home for a week now, basically skipping school and doing nothing. And what have I been doing exactly? Reading, shopping, playing video games....oh and I got my surgery done today! More on that later :)

Here's a fun instagram pic I took this week!

A photo posted by Valerie (@innocent.smiley) on

I have been reading The Incredible Adventures of Cinnamon Girl, and it was totally not what I expected (also so much longer than I expected. Like I thought I would be done by the end of March, but nope!). Did you know this incorporates the end of the world and the apocalypse and all that jazz? It kind of reminds me of We All Looked Up, but much more light-hearted! 

---

I think it is safe to say by now that yesterday's post about a debut event on Turnt-up 21er's was an April Fool's Day joke. Glad to see all the great comments on both my post and Shannon's, but I don't know WHY people are entering the giveaway hahahahh! It is quite hilarious. I don't know if you know, but April Fool's Day is my favorite day of the year. Last year, I reviewed a fake book, The Innocent Centaur #2, and everyone loved it. Shannon convinced me to go along with this idea, and I admit, we have outdone ourselves!

Alyssa @ The Devil Orders Takeout discusses whether there can be TOO much diversity in one book. Aka the use of TOKEN diversity. Like just as a selling point rather than fully fleshing out a character.

My favorite squish Larissa @ Life As Larissa talks about the tangled web of Author and Blogger relationships, and how it may subconsciously be inflating book ratings.

Emily @ Loony Literate gives us 5 reasons why she won't be getting a co-blogger. I share those 5 reasons. She also explains what a Manic Pixie Dream Girl is in her review of Thanks for the Trouble!

Tonya @ LilyBloomBooks asks if reading too much can ever be a problem. Especially when it comes to book amnesia!

Jillian @ Chasing Faerytales shares her experience on being self-conscious about reading, and asks for full reader acceptance. Totally relatable to middle school Val.

Ashley @ Nosegraze asks us about whether post events, names, or ideas are truly original. In other words, do we overestimate how original we are?

Jessica @ Bookish Serendipity shares with us 21 epic tools for book bloggers!.

Aentee @ The Social Potato talks about those never-ending series with ALL the spinoffs, and whether you had any thoughts on those.

Rasheeka @ The Social Potato discusses subtweeting! Also imagine a subtweet about this post on subtweeting. Subtweet-ception!

Shamom @ It Starts At Midnight CHALLENGES you to a take your SLUMP TO THE NEXT LEVEL.

So. Surgery. I think I have talked about this enough, but it wasn't anything major or anything. Just to clear up all that blood from my second uterus. The surgery itself wasn't bad, seeing as I only have minimal pain, and thanks to the wonders of drugs, I can live a pain free life. 

The worst part of the surgery wasn't even the surgery itself. It was just the whole peeing in a cup ordeal. I mean hello, hasn't anyone taking into account that I have one kidney? If you don't tell me to eat or drink after midnight the night before, there is no way I will be peeing in your cup, thank you very much. (In the end they had to make me urine ha...haha. THEY EVEN COMMENTED THAT I HAD BARELY NONE). 

From now on, I will not pee the day of any doctor appointments, or future surgeries, which hopefully won't happen for a couple of years.

What else, what else. Surgery was a success! I was initially supposed to have two surgeries but no need! I suspect that something happened to my skin, due to this tiny, painful brown grayish spot on my skin where the uteri live. Did I mistake what my doctor was telling me and something was inserted there? WAS THIS THERE BEFORE AND I HAD NO IDEA? 

I got to ride in a wheelchair to the car. That was fun. Highlight of the day.

So, it was okay. Other than the urine part, I would say that my April is starting off well? Still have a whole week of no classes left because of post-surgery appointment, which let's be honest, will probably take like 10 minutes.

Happy April!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.