Saturday, November 7, 2015

An Innocent Life #1: Books, BEA Decisions, & Inside Out


Hello, it's me.

How are all you guys doing? Good? Well that's good to hear! Let me give you the lowdown. So I haven't really been updating about my life, or my book hauls, and it's mostly because I end up getting waaaaay too lazy on Friday to post on Saturday. So there's that. BUT, I've decided to change my habits. And so with the changing of habits, I'll be introducing a new recap!

(This new recap was not created to further establish my innocent reputation. Cough.) Actually I figured that I should probably create something where I can put EVERYTHING that has EVER happened to me in this one post. Because. With that, here are all the books that I have accumulated over the last...two months or so!


My wonderful, amazing #OTSPSecretSister sent me Graceling and although I read it, it was still a very, very long time ago. So this means that I can reread it soon! EXCITING.

I have already reviewed Air Awakens which was actually sent to me by the author herself because Amazon went and screwed up muhahahha. You can actually see my review over here! I also read Fire Falling, and I am just impressed with the speed Elise comes out with the sequels. 

I saw The Bone Season at Barnes & Noble, and it was in the Bargain Books section. So I ended up buying it for some super cheap price. It was great!

Again, my amazing #OTSPSecretSister gifted me The Girl On The Train, and I am very, very excited to read this because I have heard SO MANY good things about it. It kind of reminds me of Gone Girl, atmosphere wise!

The Secret of Raven Point is one I have never heard of before, and it is adult. BUT IT IS ABOUT WWII. Long story short, the librarian that hosts our book club meetings was handing out these FREE BOOKS from some event or whatever. And this book was there, and I took it. It'll be a good feature for the upcoming WWII event.

SO I PREORDERED Queen of Shadows MAINLY FOR THE BUTTONS. I know, I know. But I promise to read Crown of Midnight soon. And also Heir of Fire. And basically the rest of the series. It will happen. 

Lastly, I also got Landline from the Bargain Books selection at Barnes & Noble. I have already read this from the library, and although I loved it, I didn't like it as much as Rowell's YA books. WHICH REMINDS ME I need Carry On.


Thank you Harper Teen and Simon & Schuster for these eARCs!

The fact that this semester is going by super quickly is kind of scaring me. It feels like I just started classes yesterday. Just on Monday I registered for my classes from the Spring semester! Even though winter is fast approaching, I am excited for January because I will be taking very few classes, one being yoga. 

These last couple months have been kinda hectic, though it is slowly getting better. As you all know, I had to take the GRE test to apply to grad schools. Then I actually had to pick the grad schools I wanted to apply to, and email potential professors. Now with that out of the way, all I have left to do is fill out the applications and sending out my personal statements. I am kind of still stumped on how to write my personal statement, so that will take a little while longer. Luckily I have everything else already in order.

In other news, I have officially decided to attend BEA 2016 in Chicago this year. At first, I didn't know if I would be able to make it due to graduation. But then I found out that my graduation ceremony did not take place until May 15th, two days after BEA would be over. So after I found that out, I basically said "screw senior week", I'm going to BEA! Best decision ever.

And not only that, but I will be moving out of Rochester and to Florida with my family right after BEA and graduation. In other words, my whole room will need to be packed and ready to go before I even board the plane to Chicago. All I know is that May is going to be another stressful time in my life, and it's going to be crazy. But again, no regrets.

I celebrated Halloween! By taking a 5 hour road trip to Canada, to see my baby cousin get baptized, AND SHE WAS HELD UP BY THE PRIEST LIKE THE LION KING. It was funny. 


Basically all of October was a build up to Halloween, which obviously meant I watched It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown, because CHARLIE BROWN. And it also mean that I could torture Ollie with the wizard hat.


He loves the wizard hat, oh yes he does.

So what's coming up? Well other than applications, work, and classes, in two weeks, I will be heading over to Shannon's place and watching the final Hunger Games movie with her, IN IMAX. I am so so so excited to see her, and steal her children, so excited that I thought I was coming this week rather than the week after. What can I say, I just want time to fast forward now (but not really because I have a paper to work on).

Also, just today, I watched Inside Out. HOW can Disney Pixar make me feel sad about my FEELINGS???? I seriously cannot believe it. Like I WAS SO SAD. SO FREAKING SAD. But man that movie was amazing. IT WAS SO CUTE. And I love Sadness. She was such a little squish. 


And then the movie itself had such an IMPORTANT message to it, and I really wasn't expecting it again because I kept on thinking, "What could possibly be the plot of this?" PROVEN WRONGGGG. Anyways, I would totally watch this movie again, just to see her squishyness.

Anyways, I am very much looking forward to December, when I will be done with everything. (I feel like I saw this a lot and it never happens, BUT THIS TIME IT WILL BE THE TRUTH). Just expect a lot from me this next Spring!
This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.