Monday, May 5, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #11

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame as Pieces of Art!


Note: Sorry that I haven't been posting as much, I'm taking my finals! However I will definitely update more next week (especially since I'll be making a lot of layout changes!)

Yes I absolutely love this topic! Although I'm not sure what I should base this on. Should it be solely on very nice looking covers, my favorite books, or both? Definitely both right? Yes! Though the truth is is that since I haven't read much books, I feel like some of these will be repetitive or similar to my other TTTs. Ah well.

Here are my favorite covers/books that I would definitely hang somewhere in my room!


1. The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
This is the first book that comes to mind because wow. I know it's not the best cover out there, but it definitely fits the book itself. And by the way, anyone who hasn't read TFIOS, please go read it now. 

2.  Every single Harry Potter book by J.K. Rowling
I would make it so that somehow they're in a collage, or side by side. Like everyone, I love the series AND the book covers along with it. If I had to go with one cover though (originals wise), it would be the seventh book.

3. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I have read every one of her books so far, and my favorite of hers is Fangirl! And plus just look at that cute cover, like Cath could totally be me. It's a reflection of myself (except no Levi looking over my shoulder, boo hoo). I also love that color combination.

4. These Broken Stars by Amie Kaufman & Meagan Spooner
Although I didn't like These Broken Stars as much (I so expected more from all the hype, but ah what can you say), I still absolutely love this cover. Like look at that dress what's-her-face is wearing! (Can't even remember her name ahaha) Wait....it's coming to me....um Liara? Eliza? Rouge? Elsa? Ugh I'm going to cheat. Lilac. 

5. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
So I'm not a huge fan of the movie book cover AND the original one with the dominoes, so I guess I'm going to have to go with this cover. Sure it is kind of creepy what am I saying it definitely is but maybe I NEED creepiness in my room! no I don't. I really do like the font on this cover, is this the UK or AUS version? Or another US version? Either way, I'm absolutely love the Book Thief so it's gonna end up framed.

6. Memoirs of An Imaginary Friend by Matthew Dicks/Green
This book just has so many feels about my childhood and imaginary friends and ugh! I'm pretty sure most of you haven't read it (which I am urging you to now) or maybe never have heard of it, but THIS BOOK. Especially to anyone who has young children. GO READ IT. Ok, but anyways, I'm having trouble with which cover I would frame, because they aren't superb covers. So I'll just leave them both here.

7. Flowers For Algernon by Daniel Keyes
So I actually didn't read this in high school, but on my own because I was so interested in brains at the time (now I'm just obsessed). I've also heard that this is a classic? But nevertheless, I absolutely loved it and plus it was heart-wrenching and emotional and all that woop. I have the newer version of the cover at home, but I prefer this one. (without the little sticker thing obviously)

8. Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
My childhood favorite! And yes it must be framed. No exceptions.

9. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
NOT that stupid cover with the bicycles! NO. I'm still mad that that was the US paperback cover! Like whyyyyyy. Instead, I would be framing this one!

10. Glitches (Lunar Chronicles #0.5) by Marissa Meyer
I know this isn't a physical cover, but will you just look at this detail! I actually wish they printed out this one out somehow because it's such a cool cover! And is it just me, but do novellas sometimes have better covers than the actually books they are based on?


Feel free to link your TTT below! I want to see your framed covers :D


Also! I recently got a twitter specifically for this blog! It's InnocentSmileyx, so feel free to follow and check it out! I made it while I was studying for finals because I'm an idiot.

19 comments:

  1. I love Deathly Hallows and Inkheart! They're my two favorite childhood books! And I finally bought Fangirl last week too. I've added that book in my rambley post a few weeks ago and I finally bought it!! :) Book Thief is also one of my favorite books. I was nearly in tears, but then I was in class so I really had to hold it in. Overall, these books are really fun! Read half on the list! :>

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY we're so similar! Though I did read the Deathly Hallows during a time where I didn't actually understand what was going on, so I really need to reread the whole Harry Potter Series. AND YESH go read Fangirl right now :D

      Hahaha I was in the library reading the Book Thief and trying to hold tears in as well. I failed.

      Delete
  2. These are all beautiful! I totally forgot about the Inkheart series, those covers are wonderful! I do really like that The Book Thief cover too :)

    Check out my Top Ten Tuesday!

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like all the Inkheart covers. I still need to read the last one in the series though. I started it but then eventually got bored of it.

      Delete
  3. I love the cover for Inkheart! I could definitely see it framed on a wall. And the Book Thief cover too! Good luck with your exams =)

    My TTT
    Alma @ Journey Through Fiction

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read any of these but these are some pretty cool covers. I think Fangirl is my fave :) Thanks for checking out my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. You chose some great covers-especially like the Inkheart one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to have the Inkheart cover on my wall! And all the Harry Potter covers both old and new and Fangirl and TFIOS and I think I would run out of wall space....oh well, worth it!
    Great picks and thanks for stopping by The Story Goes...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wonder if there is actually a site where you can order a poster of one of your favorite book covers? Hmmm.

      Delete
  7. Oh, yes yes yes, to ALL of these! I wanted to put These Broken Stars on mine, but like TEN. Ah. Such a limiting number. I love that edition of The Book Thief (oh gosh, I still need to read that). And I'm swooning slightly while looking at TFIOS again. Oh, complete happiness. x)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YOU. HAVEN'T. READ. THE. BOOK. THIEF???!!! Shunned.

      Ahhh I love TFIOS, I'm surprised no one else put that in their TTTs. But then again it's not one of the best covers. I should've just went all out and not bothered with books I actually read. *le sigh* I need to catch up on reading over the summer, like 5 books a week.

      I WILL be reminding you to read the Book Thief. Sorry not sorry.

      Delete
  8. That cover to Code Name Verity is awesome! I'm so sad I have the other cover. :( I absolutely love the cover of These Broken Stars! I love that edition for The Book Thief, but personally, I prefer the one with dominoes. A lot of people seem to absolutely adore the Fangirl cover, but it's not really my taste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just imagine These Broken Stars blown up and made onto a poster. I would buy it…even if I haven't read the book. XD I love the artworks for Rainbow Rowell's books! They are so cute and pop culture looking. ^^

    And ehmm…I haven't read TFIOS….eh heh….

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhh! These are all so pretty! I definitely would frame The Fault in Our Stars, the Harry Potter books, Fangirl, These Broken Stars, and The Book Thief (asdfghjkl!! This is my favourite edition of this book!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. These Broken Stars is beautiful!

    That cover of the Book Thief is a bit creepy lol!

    Great List!
    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww, these are all such pretties (and great reads as well)!
    Anyways I think the cover of Code Name Verity is kind of creepy. It's actually the reason I haven't bought the book yet!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that cover of the Book Thief is by far my favorite. I wish I could find it here D: I also ADORE These Broken Stars!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely, definitely, definitely agree with the covers of THESE BROKEN STARS. It looks so pretty, you know? And it has the stars and the universe behind it. Anything with the cosmos get an A+ in my book. Just like Christian Schoon's ZENN SCARLET. I didn't find the story that good, but at least the cover was appetizing to the eyes! :)

    Faye at The Social Potato Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful covers! I have just finished Code Name Verity - it was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments, checking out new blogs, and replying back, either here or on your own blog :3

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.