Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #9

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

Top Ten Characters Who Recklessly Made Stupid Decisions


I've decided to dedicate this top ten to those idiot characters that make a really hard or stupid, quick decision that ultimately puts their life or the people around them at risk. I don't know how I came up with this idea, but I guess I was thinking about how reckless people can be sometimes, and then POOF this came to my head. Also I didn't want to do a boring topic :P

I will try not to include any spoilers! Anyone who's read the book will know what I'm talking about though.

1.  The Universe Versus Alex Woods by Gavin Extence
So basically the main character here, Alex, decides that it's perfectly fine to cross the border with marijuana and the ashes of a dead person. It happens at the very beginning of the book, and I'm just sitting there like "wut". Your plan could've been more thought out.

2. Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
Queenie got caught by the Gestapo because she looked the wrong way when trying to cross a street. Are you kidding me?

3. The Here and Now by Ann Brashares
Stupid Prenna and her stupid decision to go back to her mom and warn her or everything (and take a shower), when the higher-ups are waiting at her house for her. I can't believe she did not see that coming.

4. Abandon by Meg Cabot
I'm still not sure why the main character here, Pierce, continues to lead on the god of the Underworld, even though she clearly says she doesn't like him. I really pity him. 

5. Looking for Alaska by John Green
I'm not going to say what stupid thing Alaska did, except that it causes major heartbreak and damage. And also that it splits the book up into two parts.

6. The Casual Vacancy by J.K. Rowling
All the characters were....ugh. I don't want to talk about this book. I have deep hatred for this book and I really regret reading it. I just have this on my list because 1) running out of ideas and 2) I hate this book with a passion.

7. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell
I'm not a fan of how Levi just would randomly flirt with Cath, and then just kiss another girl at a party. That's just, argh. It just adds more drama and frustration.

8. Of Poseidon by Anna Banks
Emma never follows the rules, or what anyone tells her to do. Galen: "Don't go into the water Emma, it's not safe." Emma: "No I will not listen! I'm going into the water! Even though there are a ton of life-threatening things there."  

9. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
Only because Cinder was so brave, and reckless, to actually go to the ball even when she was already in deep trouble. I don't think I would ever have done that if I was in her place.


So I can't think of #10 at the moment, but I'll get back to this one. But yeah. I have a huge pet peeve of characters that do unreasonable things. I mean sometimes it's hilarious or brave and actually adds to the plot, but most of the times, it's just "wut?"

I hope you enjoyed this TTT as much as I did!

Feel free to link back to your TTT! 

10 comments:

  1. *gasp* I loved J.K. Rowling! I have never read Casual Vacancy, though, but I know it's something about a wizard who died (am I even correct??). And I have to agree on the thing about Alaska in Looking For Alaska. I didn't finish reading the book since it was dull, but Alaska is someone I really can't stand :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha Jillian sorry to burst your bubble, but it's NOT about a wizard, and it has nothing to do with wizards or magic. Just a small town, in England, somewhere.

      And I agree with you, I read Looking for Alaska a while ago, and even though the writing was really good, I just didn't feel anything from that book.

      Delete
  2. I like it when characters that make bad decisions redeem themselves like Levit did in Fangirl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate it when characters make stupid reckless decisions which is one reason I could barely stand Tris from Divergent like everything she does is stupid and reckless! Great pick this week and I totally agree with you on Levi from Fangirl I always thought that was a stupid part of that book but I did up loving him and it in the end. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this list. I so agree about Prenna! I was screaming at her in my head. What was she thinking??? This kind of stuff drives me nuts in books!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I 100% agree about #3. That moment had thinking WTH is she doing!! Lol
    Monique @ Mo_Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list, so many books I haven't read yet...

    Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't get mad at Levi - I just can't! I completely see your point, but I thought this romance was so well-written and so realistic, I'm willing to overlook Levi's little slip. :)

    Stephanie @ Inspiring Insomnia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaa he definitely made up for everything in the end though so it's okay. I just don't know what was going through his head at the time!!

      Delete
  8. Loving this list! I was sure that I left a comment here before, but as I was browsing through (stalking) your blog I realised that it isn't here. So I'll say it again, I thought that the topic you picked was so funny! I've not read a few of these but ARGH some of the situations sound very annoying! Thanks for checking out my list :)

    Katrina @ Chased By My Imagination

    ReplyDelete

I absolutely love receiving comments, checking out new blogs, and replying back, either here or on your own blog :3

This site uses IntenseDebate to manage comment data. Learn more about how that is processed here.